Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Final Release

I was like lazy leaves,
refusing to change into the bold shade of gold
when our seasons decided to change.

I wanted to cling
to your embracing branches
and stay in those forever winter
days,

and when winter left,
I still clung,
and grew crinkled
and weak,
dangling
with some strand of a hope
that a reversal of gravity
would cry out
and I’d find myself embraced
in your branches once again. 

And now, the seasons have finished out their year,
and I have no choice but to move on
after shedding the last tear,
to be the leaf not so lazy, not so crinkled,
not weak,
to continue through the wind,
instead of decomposing as we speak.
As hard as it has been to let us decease,
I know I must exhale you, and accept
this final release.







No comments:

Post a Comment